Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

WW Orange chicken dinner part 1

Tonight I'm making some ww orange chicken for dinner with white rice and vegis, I normally do brown rice but white rice and brown rice are the same pt value  so I'm splurging with white. 

I'm sharing my most amazing rice cooking trick that has become ever so handy. 

For those who hate getting the precise measurements correct with rice cooking this quick tip is for you. 

I start by putting my rice in my rice cooker, I have a generic cup that came with my rice cooker that is one cup measurement. 


Next I start to add the water and just add a rough amount til it goes a little over the rice.

I gently give the rice pot a shake to make sure my rice is even and not lumpy, this is key, the rice must be even across the bottom of the pan. 

Then I stick my finger in, (my hands are clean) and I wouldn't do this if it wasn't for family lol.
 
The water should come to the first line on the tip of your Pointer finger.

Just add water as needed, make sure that you even the rice out again after adding the water. 

And I know people have different size fingers but my boy friend taught me and his whole family is Chinese and he has worked in many of Asian restaurants and it works no matter who's finger lol. 

Good luck and hope my tip is useful! I will post the rest of the meal later tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment