Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

Quick and healthy breakfast


I'm trying to be a clean eater this year which isn't easy for me because I love bacon ad sweets and pasta! But I am trying! I have to say I rather enjoyed my breakfast this morning! It was healthy and tasty! 

I started off with a fruit drink because I was about to lose some strawberries. 
1 cup of strawberries 
2/3 cup papaya
2/3 cup of grapes
1/2 banana
1 tsp of ginger
The ginger is supposed to help you body absorb all the anti oxidants from the fruits and you can't even taste it!!!
I had a fresh papaya and some hand picked local strawberries so the flavor was so good! 
I was even lucky enough to get a good batch of bananas that had a lot of flavor. My grapes on the other hand were not that great but I didn't want to waste them, I am thinking next time I would leave out the grapes or wen austitute with blueberries or another fruit.
I even had a partner in crime this morning who was enjoying getting little bits of fresh fruit! She started of really well but by the end it was no longer eating more like smudging everywhere! 
I love my magic bullet, it only took about 1 min to whip it all together and audrey and I shared it as part of our breakfast! 
While the drink was yummy I need something a little more filling so I mad myself a little something extra.
1 bagel thin toasted
1 tsp peanut butter
1/2 banana
1 tsp honey
1 tsp chia seeds
Extra yummy and extra easy to put together! Best part was my whole breakfast was only 6 points plus values!
So if you are looking for something quick and good for you here it is! The fact it tasted good was just an added bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment