Pages

Friday, December 27, 2013

My Honeys Chai Tea

After a long day at work for him, and a day filled with teething a cleaning and chasing an almost 3 year old around, to say the least my honey and I are pretty tired by the time we sit down for dinner. In my previous post i shared our side dish for tonight which was a Fresh Picked Zucchini and Yellow Squash Au-gratin. It turned out amazing and was so yummy! So after dinner I am still sitting at the table with the girls and he is in the kitchen making something to drink. He brings to the table this amazing cup of of warm goodness! Its this Chai Tea with milk foam and cinnamon on top and it smells heavenly!

To say the least after he allowed me to taste his tea he was right back in the kitchen making me one. So my delicious surprise is to share with you his very own 5 min Chai tea recipe.



1)We have a Keurig which makes this so simple and quick! He doesn't use a specific Chai Tea but these are the three that we keep stocked up at the house so you can use a tea bag or a K-cup. We brew an 8 ounce sup of hot water straight from the Keurig or use the K-cup and brew the tea.

2)Add on full spoonful of Raw Sugar and stir until it is all mixed in. 

3)We have a milk frother which can be bought seperate from the Keurig and they are not to expensive. The frother does the milk in 4 ounce increments so he does 2 ounces heavy whipping cream and 2 ounces 2% milk and froths it using the hot setting and when that is done he froths it again on the cold setting, he says he likes his milk "extra frothy" lol or in other words a more dense foam.

4) If you used a tea bag you remove it before adding the milk, but then you just add the milk, sprinkle a little bit a cinnamon on top and Presto!!! You now have an amazing cup of Chai tea :)

  
The finished product, you may notice that his is already half gone lol but I could not leave his cup out of the picture. Even though that is technically my cup, I collect coffee mugs and David brought this one back to me a few months ago when he went to Wisconsin for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment